Doors and Locks, Your Most Basic Security
8 Things To Look At To Secure Your Door
- Door Is Unobstructed
- Your Door Closes Properly
- Door Is Firmly Set When Closed
- Lock Latch Bolt Correctly Seats Inside Strike Plate
- Lock Turns With Very Little Resistance
- Door Actually Locks
- Deadbolt Is Aligned Properly
- Deadbolt Fully Extends When Locked
Take a Look at what we offer for Doors and Locks
Contact Us Today
For Estimates To Repair Your Existing Locks.
1. Door Is Unobstructed
Door has adequate room to open and close.
2. Your Door Closes Properly
Make sure that your door closes properly. It should swing easily and latch with very little force. You should hear the click of the latch bolt when fully closed.
3. Door Is Firmly Set When Closed
Not only will this help with the heating and cooling of your building, but it helps strengthen the door against attacks.
4. Lock Latch Bolt Correctly Seats Inside Strike Plate
Not having the door latch properly actually defeats some of the anti picking features.
5. Lock Turns With Very Little Resistance
If its hard to turn the lock or the door handle, your lock may need to be adjusted. Binding or a grime in a lock could not let the latch bolt fully extend making it easier to bypass.
6. Door Actually Locks
Believe it or not, locks do fail. You may be turning the thumb knob to lock the door and the lock will not engage. It is fairly common. It is a good practice to check your lock each time you lock your door.
7. Deadbolt Is Aligned Properly
If your door has sagged, it may be time to adjust your deadbolt.
8. Deadbolt Fully Extends When Locked
Something is better than nothing. But for maximum effectiveness of your deadbolt, it should be extended to its max.